Monday, December 6, 2010

Project 365 - Week 49

Sunday 11/28 - Day 349

This week, as we decorate for Christmas, I am posting pictures of some Christmas traditions as well as blogging about the meaning for me behind some of the decorations. I love this time of year because of time with family and reflections on what God has done for us by sending his Son.

Time to decorate the Christmas tree...



Yeah, Brian tried to get away with this.... NOT



Melissa was home and it felt like the family was complete again!



See, Brian did help!


Melissa and Brandon. Thank you, Brandon, for the help!


Monday 11/29 - Day 350


What a cute dog! 
Look closer... the sled string is no longer intact thanks to our real dog Casey.  I thought he was past the chewing phase!

Tuesday 11/30 - Day 351


Rick gave me this nativity scene one year for Christmas.  Every time I put it out I reflect on the wonderful gift that God has given us and pray that Jesus will be at the center of our celebration this year.

Wednesday 12/1 - Day 35


The decoration on the left was bought on a vacation that Rick and I went on.  The ornament on the right is an Easter decoration that I made while attending MOPS.  I hang them in my dining room every year.  It reminds me that the celebration at Christmas leads to Easter... all part of God's plan to reconcile us to Him.  What a merciful and gracious God we have!

Thursday 12/2 - Day 353


I made this wallhanging in college.  It took an incredible amount of time as each sequin is hand sewn on.  My mother loves and threatens to steal it every Christmas.  I can't help but sing the Christmas carol as I hang it in the dining room!

Friday 12/3 - Day 354


Melissa made this for us one year in preschool.  I love that her little hands made the wreath.

Saturday 12/4 - Day 355


This was Brian's Christmas creation from preschool.  Hard to believe that his hands were that small!

5 comments:

  1. it is so much fun to see your decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have similar decorations from my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved you nativity and love that you see it right when you come in. You made the banner on the door? I was admiring it Sunday...gorgeous!
    Those little hands have definitely grown, haven't they? :)
    Have a super week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nativity set - & that wall hanging is beautiful. Actually, they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to do Project 365 this time!!!! I so enjoyed reading this post. I may have to do one similar. Beautiful little treasures, beautiful meanings behind each. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete