Had small group Christmas party at our house today... hard to pick just one photo. Here is Melissa participating in the adult gift exchange for the first time.
Here is little "A" - telling Kevin "You think I'm afraid of you?" It was SO funny!!
Monday 12/20 - Day 354
Today we had Christmas with Rick's family. Here are Melissa with cousins Natalie and MaryBeth. Our 3 college girls!
Brian in his cold weather garb he received...
Julia with Grandma and Grandpa Fisher
Tuesday 12/21 - Day 355
Casey wants a treat!
Rick's dad had surgery today. He did quite well and was able to come home. Right after surgery his color was great and I was surprised at how well he did.
Thursday 12/23 - Day 357
We had Rick's childhood friend, Tim, and his family over for dinner tonight. What a lovely family! They are in town from Colorado. Rick has known Tim since they were 5. We talked until midnight and I think it is wonderful that they keep in touch. This is the plant that they brought us.... it is really beautiful!
Yes.... these are my Christmas letters that I finished today and won't get in the mail until Monday. I guess old news is still news. :-)
Saturday 12/25 - Day 359
Merry Christmas everyone! We had a wonderful day today although it started a little early at 7am. (Doesn't sound bad except when you go to bed at 2am) We had our traditional present openings, a egg casserole and cinnamon rolls for breakfast followed by a 3 hour nap. Got up in time to start dinner and then have a rousing game of Apples to Apples.
Julia and her American Girl doll, Lanie
Brian
Melissa and "How the Grinch stole Christmas"
My Mom alternates Christmas between us, Kathy in California, and Marcia in Massachusetts. This year it was our turn and I told her that I thought she should act like she was going out of town and come to stay with us. SO she made the very long 5 mile journey to stay with us - thankfully the roads were clear and there were no traffic delays.
Rick, the Boilermaker, opening his Purdue cornhole game, doing his best Boiler Pete imitation.


LOL at your mom making the long journey to your house. Too funny.
ReplyDeleteLove Melissa's disney jammies. My husband got some red ones for me this year :)
awesome week! Isn't it wonderful to have our college kids home?! I know you are soaking it in as much as I am!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas my friend and Happy New Year!
That tree was a full one, wasn't it? :0)
ReplyDeleteI love How the Grinch Stole Christmas, it's a yearly tradition in our house to watch it together.
Glad you put up a picture of "A" laying down the law with Kevin!
ReplyDeleteGlad your mom didn't run into any delays in getting to you. :)
Everyone looks very happy with their gifts.
Have a Happy New Year!!
Looks like a great week! Fun gifts too :)
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy New Year!!!
I'm so thankful your mother made it there safe and sound! ;)
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad. I didn't send our e-cards out until the day after Christmas. There was just too much going on this year.
Great Christmas week!
ReplyDelete