Before I continue my Christmas decoration tour... These three girls came to my house for Small Group and were able to skype with Melissa... I don't know which of the 4 was most excited.
Two of these 3 mugs started something in my home... they were my husband's as a child. Several years ago, Rick's mother gave them to Rick and a collection was born!
Tuesday 12/7 - Day 341
Here is my modern-day favorite. You can't see it very well but the paint is irridescent. Don't know why I like it the best but I do.
Wednesday 12/8 - Day 342
Another tradition that I started when the kids were born... I buy an ornament for them every Christmas. When they leave home they will have quite a collection.
Melissa's - 1991
Melissa's - 1991
Thursday 12/9 - Day 343
This was a gift from a person I used to work with. Her husband went to Equador and brought these back for us. It is so pretty and I think about those in other countries who do not have what we have in the US. It reminds me to always be thankful for what we have here.
This was a gift from a person I used to work with. Her husband went to Equador and brought these back for us. It is so pretty and I think about those in other countries who do not have what we have in the US. It reminds me to always be thankful for what we have here.
Friday 12/10 - Day 344
Brian has his first job! A blogging friend of ours, (no other than Tori), hired him to work at Crazy 8's. When she mentioned it I wasn't sure if Brian would want to work at a children's clothing store but I was wrong... He seems to enjoy it and here he is with his first paycheck.
Saturday 12/11 - Day 345
Someone misses Melissa.... "No more weeks and 5 more days until Melissa comes home for Christmas Break :-) " Could it be Julia?

Jared has enjoyed having a job AND the paycheck that comes with it!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the Santa mugs!
We had the same ornament tradition with our kids, and they really love having their own collection now :) This year since we're back in the U.S. I found one for our son and his wife, but haven't found one I like for the daughter and her husband-to-be. I wanted to get a "1st Christmas together" ornament but all the ones I've come across are tacky and not her style at all.
ReplyDeleteThat note on the white board is TOO cute! It will be wonderful to have them all under one roof again, won't it? :)
Yay for new jobs! I'm sure he's great at it, and a big help to those who come into the store.
Have a wonderful week!
Love all your Christmas décor! I'm glad Brian likes his new job - it's always fun when
ReplyDeleteyou start getting paid to work :).
I love knowing about the mug tradition! We do the ornaments here too, they pick a new one every year.
ReplyDeleteWatching those girls skype with Melissa was so sweet.
Brian is an excellent employee and I am so glad he is enjoying it! That smile with the paycheck says it all!!
Have a super week my friend.