Sunday, April 10, 2011

2011 Project 365 - Week 15

Sunday 4/3 - Day 93
Small group tonight...
Made my Amish homemade cheese soup for the first time (which was VERY good) but I forgot to take a picture :(

Monday 4/4 - Day 94
To Western Michigan University today for a college visit with Brian.  Stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and tried these...


Yep... Fried pickles.  They were quite good and I would order them again.


Marissa went with us.  It was nice to spend the day with her too.

Tuesday 4/5 - Day 95
Left for Chicago today for a Spring Break minication.  Met my friend Jenny and her son for pizza at Giradano's (they were with her husband who was at a conferance) and then to the hotel for swimming.  We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite with a fireplace.  It cost us nothing as we were using Rick's reward points.... :-)

Wednesday 4/6 - Day 96
After a leisurely time getting up and getting ready we went into the city for our date with this store.... Part of Julia's birthday present.

Julia and I had afternoon tea at the cafe.  We had such a GOOD time together.  It was totally girly and just plain fun.  Here is the place setting...


Julia and I with Lanie at tea - Note Lanie has her own teacup...


Julia after a day of shopping and tea.


Finished the night off with dinner at Rainforest Cafe...
The kids love this place!





Thursday 4/7 - Day 97
On to Grand Rapids for a college visit at Grand Valley State on Friday...  My Aunt Diane made me a birthday cake, gave me a flowering plant, and gave me a card... So very sweet!



Me and my girls...

Friday 4/8 - Day 98
Started the day with coffee with my Aunt Diane... love those moments!  Then we took Melissa and Julia to brunch while Rick and Brian went on the college tour. (I already was on the tour with Melissa and brunch with the girls sounded so much more appealing)
Then...
Home with Melissa in tow.  She came home for my birthday today and then Brandon's birthday tomorrow.  Out for dinner at the home of the Bloomin' Onion... The Outback.

 

Love it when my kids are home all together!



Saturday 4/9 - Day 99
Day of studying but took time to help Julia fix Lanie's hair... they told us at American Girl what to do and it worked!  Note her cast that Julia bought on her shopping spree as part of the "Feel better kit".

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you had a great, fun week. I loved seeing all of your pictures.

    Have a great week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember taking alyssa to tea at American Girl. I loved that they served the child and doll first and really made them the center of attention!!!

    isn't it great to have all your kids under the same roof?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a good week of celebration. Love the cast on Lanie - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun...My hubby went to WMU for a few years and I spent 3 years at GVSU...was on the dance team there (a very very long time ago!! lol)sounds like a wonderful week! I wish I had a girl to go to the American Girl store...it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete