Sunday, January 9, 2011

Project 365: 2011 - Week 2

Sunday 1/2 - Day 2

Gotcha Mom!  Today is my mom's 70th birhday and we had a surprise party for her.  We told her we wanted to take her to Bonefish to celebrate... instead, SURPRISE!!!

Stunned was a word to describe her reaction.

Just in case you wondered what 70 candles
on a cake looked like.


Mom and her Maxine button...

Monday 1/3 - Day 3

Received this in the mail - I want to know why the 30% discount always comes AFTER Christmas??

Tuesday 1/4 - Day 4

My books arrived... looks like some light reading!

Wednesday 1/5 - Day 5


My 8 point Weight Watcher's pizza - it was good!
1st week - minus 4 pounds!

 

Thursday 1/6 - Day 6



Started creating a book out of my 2010 Project 365 using Blurb.com.  It was really fun going back over the year in pictures and remembering when I wrote something and what I was feeling at the time.
What a great idea Sara - Thank you.

Friday 1/7 - Day 7
Still working on my blog book... forgot to take a picture today :(

Saturday 1/8 - Day 8
I have known a group of ladies for close to 20 years and we still get together (with our husbands) 4-5 times per year.  We have been exchanging birthday presents for several years.  What do you get for someone who has everything?  A couple of years ago, I started taking all of them out for lunch as my gift.  This year one of the girls decided to combine it with a pedicure for her gift...


I decided to go with a french pedicure... never had one before but I think it looks good!


 Here are the five of us... being pampered.  Afterwards we went to Houlihans for lunch.  Such a great time!  We decided that this will be our birthday gift to each other.  In March we have Lunch, followed by pedicures, and finally dessert planned - I think a tradition has been born!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start to the year....minus all the reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a pedicure, but I'd love to have one someday! What a great surprise for you mom.

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those books look like light reading - not! Congrats on the weight loss! I'm not doing too well myself...

    ReplyDelete