So this is the story... Rick says he CAN cook but doesn't LIKE to cook. We have been married 21 years in September and I can count on 2 fingers (literally) the number of times he has cooked something with ingredients in it. I always tell him that warming up what I have cooked or is frozen doesn't count.... With both Melissa and I in school, we recently talked about cutting back on meals that we eat out. I proposed that it would probably require that other members in the family help to cook and/or being ok with an occasional bowl of cereal for dinner. Well today Rick got out the Betty Crocker cook book and made a tomato, cucumber, and onion salad... AND IT WAS GOOD!!
Rick has been jamming... gone is the bush beside the deck that dropped hollyhocks and made a big mess every year....
Tuesday 8/31 - Day 250
Another Rick project... the spa has not been working for about 5-6 years. He says either it is getting fixed or we are getting rid of it.
This week's reading... dermatology, ears, eyes, nose, and throat. (I picked one of the less graphic pages)
I feel like a kid on their first day of school (this is my new lunch tote) ... today was my first day of FNP clinical. I am working with an Internal Medicine doc. I thought today would be orientation and I would follow him around to get my feet wet.... but NO.... second patient he says, so I will let you go in and chat and see what you think... What?!?! You don't understand -- I know nothing about primary care. He asked me what a medication was and I truthfully said "I have no idea". It was the generic for a sleeping pill... in recovery room we try to wake them up not put them to sleep...
Today was better but I still feel like I know nothing!! Told the doc that and he said I don't want you to feel that way... it is a learning process. So he doesn't seem to be too upset.
I finished my learning module today... Brian is teaching a friend a video game so this is what I saw today except for when he was cleaning his room with dusting and vacuuming and when he mowed the lawn. A break from band until the competitions start in a week.

Do you want to lend Rick out? Projects and cooking in one week...Yowsers!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for picking a less graphic picture. :)
I love your name badge..so very official!! You are going to be great and every day gives you more experience, right?
Besides, just pretend it is us calling you for medical advice. Not that we would ever do that!
Have a super week!!
way to go Rick!!!
ReplyDeletepraying for you Lori....you are going to do great!!! I have no doubt!
My hubby deoesn't cook either although he will tell you he can! Love the pics of your hubby in the kitchen, I think they know how to do more things than they let on!! And you will do great although I am sure it can be scary especially with real patients! And lunch bags are always fun, I love mine!
ReplyDeleteGood for your husband on trying something new. Mine will make mac & cheese and gravy, that's about it.
ReplyDeleteMy vote is to definitely get your hot tub fixed. I just LOVE ours!
Love the lunch tote. Very cute!
Um, I'm the reheater in our family. I'll buy those dinners in a bag in the freezer section & fix them & say I've fixed dinner :) Thank goodness my husband can cook LOL! Although since he's started teaching FT I have tried to step up to the plate (pun intended) a little more often.
ReplyDeleteGood job, Rick!! Wahoo!!
ReplyDeleteDon't you hate pictures of eyeballs up close?? Ewww...!
Love your new lunch tote. Those are great bags.
It sounds like the doctor you're working with is going to be a good teacher...AND a good person to learn from. Keep up the good work!