Sunday, August 22, 2010

Project 365 - Week 34

Sunday 8/15 - Day 234

We had our back-to-school small group meeting and we broke into groups to play "Minute to Win it".  Here just a few of the wacky activities that we played... 



Rick was close.... what concentration...


Brian completed the task...

Monday 8/16 - Day 235


Julia and I went shopping today and she had to sit on the horse in the mall.


Tuesday 8/17 - Day 236

Last day before two of my kids have to go back to school so we went to a movie... Despicable me.  Loved it!!  I really like doing something special before we all return to the school routine (bright and early at 6:15am tomorrow morning... yawn...)

My sister Marcia blessed me with a bouquet of flowers delivered to the house...  it was a very nice surprise!  I had to deal with a "urgent matter" with my Dad's estate that was very nerve wraking and she thought flowers would help...they did!





Wednesday 8/18 - Day 237

First day of school for Julia and Brian ... but not for Melissa.  While the other two were at school Melissa and I headed out for pedicures, lunch, and picking out my eyeglasses.  Fun! FuN!! FUN!!!


Melissa looking under the drying station at the nail salon.




Thursday 8/19 - Day 238














Julia's second day at school and another good-bye to Casey.

Friday 8/20 - Day 239


Casey - waiting for the cheese to drop...

Saturday 8/21 - Day 240


This is not the way it looked an hour ago... I'm just say'in!

5 comments:

  1. Rick's determination cracks me up!! What a fun idea!

    When does Melissa leave for college? I will be praying for you....so bittersweet.

    your refrig reminded me that there is a plus to 2 kids being at college...my grocery bill will go down! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are gorgeous! Hmm – I might have to send some to Dr. M this week. He’s had a rough go getting ready for school himself (classes start tomorrow - & he’s teaching Western Civ for the first time ever – he’s a US historian & isn’t used to having to talk about the rest of the world LOL).

    You’re making me maybe want to clean my own fridge out. But let’s not get too hasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you come do that to my fridg?

    Those flowers would have perked my day right up. What a sweet and thoughtful gesture!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got a kleenex shot! That cracked me up!!
    Love your flowers, so thoughtful of Marcia to send you some encouragement!
    So did you clean the fridge or did they eat you out of house and home? :)
    Have a great week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Minute to Win It games look like soooo much fun!!! Now I've just got to come up with an excuse to have people over and play those games! :)

    Waiting for the cheese to drop. Funny!

    Gotta love a nice, clean fridge. Wish mine was...

    ReplyDelete