Boating on Diamond lake with friends but do you think I remembered my camera?.... NOooo.... Guess you will have to just imagine what fun we had. LOL
Monday 8/9 - Day 228
Julia and I are going to a movie this week.... she wants to see....
I'm happy because it is in the dollar theater... Yeah!
I'll let you know how it is...
Tuesday 8/10 - Day 229
Received news today that a friend, Karen, lost her battle with cancer. We are all mourning and sad at our loss but know without a doubt that she is at the feet of our Lord Jesus listening to every word that He utters to her. What a wonderful role model she has been throughout the years! Never too busy to give an encouraging word, impart her wisdom, or to show interest in what was happening in your life. She will be greatly missed but is now worshiping with the saints.
Wednesday 8/11 - Day 230
Rick had to work late again tonight so we had Melissa meet us at DaVinci's after Brian's haircut (doesn't he look handsome!) when she got off work. They have the best cruncy homemade potato chips ("home fries") and pizza.
Section moms served the marching band trumpet section pizza, drinks, watermelon, popscicles, and dessert. Such a nice polite group of kids... They were so appreciative!
Friday 8/13 - Day 232
OH my... haven't had this in so long.... Macri bakery raspberry torte cake. We served it last night for our weekly dinner get together with Rick's and my parents. It was SO good... and this was the last piece... so sad!
Saturday 8/14 - Day 233
My chop stick walrus clan...






so how was the movie?
ReplyDeleteincredibly sad to hear about Karen. I had no idea she had cancer. Have been praying for Ron and the family.
I still miss the Penn Band. I loved being part of it....memories I will always treasure!
Mmm - that cake does look fairly scrumptious. I love cake :)
ReplyDeleteYour walrus clan is too cute - looks like they have a lot of fun together.
I'm so sorry about your friend...
Karen will definitely be missed. She was an amazing woman and servant of God!
ReplyDeleteI bet those popsicles were wonderful after marching in the heat!
I didn't know you had walruses! They look like fun.
I am surprised you had a picture of that cake left to take a picture of!
Have a super week Lori!!
So sorry about your friend. It seems that cancer has touched all of us at some point and to some degree, wouldn't you say?
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks and sounds divine. I am a cake NUT!
Cute walruses. :)
I'm joining the others in saying how sorry I am to hear about your friend. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteLove your walrus clan, and the cake looks delish.