Sunday, May 23, 2010

Project 365 - Week 21

WARNING: Severe Parent of a Senior bragging below....

Sunday 5/16 - Day 136


Love that my son, Brian, has started to cook.  He was on
 a Boy Scout campout this weekend.  I made French
toast and sausage for the family
but he wanted to shower first - Thank you Jesus!!
(if you have ever had a Boy Scout you
will understand that showering on
campouts is NOT part of the experience)
When he was done I asked if he wanted me to make
some French toast & he replied "No thanks I can do it".  
I didn't even know he knew how....
he says he learned in Boy Scouts.... Yeah for Scouting!!


So this afternoon I decided that a nap on the sunroom couch was in order - I was up late because of prom (can't really sleep until kids are home and in bed...).  Just about to fall asleep when I heard tapping on the windows.  Turns out this pair of finches was threatened by their reflections and they just wouldn't let it go... all afternoon and early evening.  So much for my nap - I took pictures instead.

Monday 5/17 - Day 137


I know that this is a HORRIBLE picture but it is the only one I have
of Melissa's face at the High School Recognition and Awards Ceremony. 
Melissa received two scholarships.  One from the Bittersweet Elementary PTO
and the other one from Bayer, Corp.

Tuesday 5/18 - Day 138


Melissa at the Choir Banquet and her High Honors plaque.

Wednesday 5/19 - Day 139


Finally a day without rain... I decided on the spur of the moment to remove a bush with Brian's help.  Thankfully it had very shallow roots - especially because I didn't call to have the power lines marked and according to Rick there was one close by... OOPS

Thursday 5/20 - Day 140


My helper gardener... She does a great job!

Friday 5/21 - Day 141


One of our sweet red peppers we planted. Hope that it grows well... YUM!

Saturday 5/22 - Day 142



Casey watches the activity outside - Rick and Brian were powerwashing
the siding and he wanted to be in the action.
Boy, he really needs a haircut.... TORI?????

7 comments:

  1. Cute warning at the top. You SHOULD be proud! Your daughter sounds very accomplished.

    Yay for garden help, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when my boys cook!!!

    yea for Melissa!!! so awesome to see these kids and what they have already accomplished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting week! Yay and congrats to your daughter!! And love that your son made his own french toast..yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Melissa!! So very proud of her!! I am also impressed that Brian made french toast and I'm sure the shower didn't hurt. :)
    I will be happy to cut Casey's hair, because he would probably be still, unlike some other dog I know of!!
    Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh - I could go for some french toast about now. I'm proud of Melissa too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell Brian you'll take your breakfast in bed tomorrow! ;)

    Naps never happen for me either.

    Whoa. I didn't even KNOW one was supposed to call about power lines. Whoa. I've done my fair share of digging up bushes and whatnot. Eek!

    Happy red pepper growing!!

    ReplyDelete