Sunday, May 9, 2010

Project 365 - Week 19

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers... I hope you know that you are a treasure and a blessing to your families.  Have a wonderful day celebrating you!

Sunday 5/2 - Day 122


The before... keep watching for the after...

Monday 5/3 - Day 123


Papa Vino's for a small group girls night out to say goodbye to one of us
moving to Alabama... ahhh!! What a good time!

Tuesday 5/4 - Day 124


Starting to get graduation announcements ready to mail. I am so excited to see Melissa blossom and go out in the world but it is bittersweet because I will miss her.

Wednesday 5/5 - Day 125


Spent part of the day in the dentist's chair and then on to check off
more graduation to do list items... feels good to get them off the list!

Thursday 5/6 - Day 126


Had some difficulty with the cemetary in getting my Dad's cemetary plaque mounted.  Checked today and it was finally up... don't know why but it gave me some closure.  Remembering him today.

Friday 5/7 - Day 127



Melissa's last choir concert was today...sniff... They did an awesome job and
I am so proud of her! The young man holding her is her dance partner Gabe.

Saturday 5/8 - Day 128


Melissa came home today from work and brought me a mother's day gift...
So thoughtful

11 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Well, except maybe the dentist's overhead light. LOL NOT a fan of going to the dentist! :-)

    Daughters are especially good for remembering Mother's Day, birthdays, and so on :-) Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool to see how your blog and Tori's intertwined! You have the cutest dog, ever. Melissa's announcements look beautiful. And I am curious to see the after, now because the "before" picture looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to recognize your dentist's chair picture. I was laughing, imagining YOU quickly snapping a shot of that while waiting for Mr. Dentist to come in. He might have thought you crazy if he walked in! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a bittersweet time for us moms!!!

    finally got all my announcements out..whew!

    so did they see you take a picture of the dentist's light?! I always try to take those on the sly because I get weird looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we'll be watching our girl go off to college, too...bittersweetness all around this place.
    we will get thru this, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went out with a group that looked very similar on Monday! :) So glad you are getting things checked off the to do list. We really enjoyed the concert too!
    Hope you had a great day today, you are a great mom!
    Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH...I just saw your daughter's pic on Tori's blog! How fun to see that you are all friends! She looks so very pretty all ready for her concert! I am NOT a fan of the dentist...hope it all went well! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lot's of graduation stuff going on this week. We had senior recognition day at church yesterday. I don't have a senior this year (4 more years for me) but a close friend's daughter is graduation with honors so it is very special to get a close look at the process. I'm taking lots of mental notes for when I have to do it!

    Blessing and thanks for sharing, great week!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to see the "after."

    Coming to the end of HS is bittersweet. She looks lovely and sweet. Although I miss seeing my college daughter more often, I love how we've continued growing as friends. Just a different stage in life.

    I LOVED the dentist's light. I feel so challenged each week to come up with creative pictures. I am enjoying all the blooming plants, but really, you'd think I could come up with something different! :) I thought this was creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's really funny is that I recognized Melissa on Tori's blog & I thought - but, she's somebody's daughter. I've seen her before! And there she was on the very next blog... She's a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh!!!!! That reminds me! I've GOT to figure out some graduation gifts!!

    Great pics this week. Love the choir concert ones. Such young, happy faces. (I'm partial to the name "Gabe," too.)

    ReplyDelete