Sunday, April 25, 2010

Project 365 - Week 17

Monday 4/19 - Day 109

And the news is.... Melissa will be a Lakers girl next year!


Made another college visit - to Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI (near Grand Rapids).  Went up on Sunday to hear the Choir concert. 
Met with admissions and the College of Health Sciences on Monday.  Melissa thought she was going to University of Indianapolis when we left home... She just knew when she was at GVSU that that is where she wanted to go. 
I am just happy a decision is made - they were both great choices for different reasons.

Tuesday 4/20 - Day 110

Spring flowers are the best!

Wednesday 4/21 - Day 111

Our Dogwood - still beautiful this week

Thursday 4/22 - Day 112


A flowering tree at the church on my way to Bible Study...
What a way to start the day!

Friday 4/23 - Day 113


Today was all about Julia... Started the evening at the school's fun fair and
went home to watch Hannah Montana the Movie. 
This is Julia's Hannah look.  (and actually the movie was pretty good)

Saturday 4/24 - Day 114


This is Melissa after working this morning/afternoon trying to write her Senior Exit project in enough time so that she can go to a movie at 9:45pm followed by Steak N Shake.  Home by 1:30am... whew I'm tired just watching her!

Sunday 4/25 - Day 115


Forgot to mention that Brian competed with the concert band in
ISSMA contest yesterday... they won gold. 
A highlight after a rough week for him... I hate it when
my kids are emotionally hurting!


7 comments:

  1. Great pictures!

    Trying to decide on a college/university is such a tough decision. I was glad when my girls were done with that. It's exhausting, but fun.

    I've heard others say they liked the Hannah Montana movie. The wig is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, lovely children!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for Melissa!!! It is such a good feeling to have that decision made..I know!!!

    spring is a wonderful thing!

    it is so hard as a mom to watch our children when they are hurting. At this age, there is not a lot we can do for them except love on 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia as a blonde..not sure, but fun!! :)
    So glad decisions are being made for Melissa. You know how much I love your family and am praying for smooth transitions, life lessons and peace and joy at home!
    Love you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is FABULOUS!! I was a Laker girl...Go GVSU!! I was actually on the pom squad when I was there...a long long time ago! I wish all the best for her...I love it there! And Hannah Montana was a good movie..I thuroughly enjoyed it! and congrats to your son on his gold! Here's to a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics and it sounds like a very full week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got such nice-looking kids! Glad they (and therefore, you) had a great week this week! Love the Hannah look, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete