Sunday, February 14, 2010

Project 365 - Week 7

Sunday 2/14 - Day 45

A picture of my valentine... (which I didn't take but really like)

Saturday 2/13 - Day 44

For Valentines Day, Rick and I saw a matinee performance of Jane Eyre the musical at Bethel College.  It was outstanding and contained a surprise... a girl from our church (we are good friends of her parents) was performing the role of Adele.  She was fabulous!


After the show, we had dinner reservations at the site of our first date, Doc Pierces. 
It was a wonderful day....


Friday 2/12 - Day 43

Valentine's Day party at school with Julia -
busy working on the craft and the finished product!



Attended the Penn Jazz a la mode concert tonight. 
A great evening of jazz and all the dessert you could ever care to eat.
Brian played as part of the after school jazz ensemble... They sounded good!


Thursday 2/11 - Day 42

This is Julia's "Mini-mall" booth for tomorrow. Four times a year they are able to be producers and consumers of goods or services.  There are a wide variety of things that the kids sell - small toys, face-painting, crafts, etc. that they purchase with their "Mini-economy money" that they earn for doing jobs and for rewards.  Julia decided to provide entertainment by using a fishing game and the prize - Valentine's Day candy of course.

Wednesday 2/10 - Day 41

Melissa and her friend Karen are leaving in the middle of the night (3:45am Thursday morning to be exact) for New York City with the choir.  Know she will have a wonderful time.  They will be singing at Carneige Hall on Valentine's day, sight seeing, shopping, and seeing a performance of Wicked on Broadway.

Tuesday 2/9 - Day 40

Back in December we ordered a tv stand... this is how it showed up in January.  Called the company and they said they would ship a new one which came today in perfect condition!  Now we have a damaged one that the company told us to keep or get rid of (after offering us a discount on the damaged one)... How can they afford to do that??



Monday 2/8 - Day 39

TAX TIME - Who likes that?

6 comments:

  1. Lori,

    Nice to meet you. We have children right around the same age. I have a sophomore in college, Ashley, who is 19. Rhett is my 16-yr-old, and I have two girls at the end: Katie, just turned 8 and Tara will be 7 in April.

    How did Melissa's vocal audition go? Ashley began as a music major at Liberty University on piano and guitar and I remember that audition to get into the program. It was a little nerve-wracking, but she did well and made it. Now she's changed her major two time and is currently a Youth Ministries major. :)

    The craft looks so cute. What a fun idea.

    I never thought of taking a pic of the tax software box. My husband worked on the taxes yesterday while the girls were having a birthday party downstairs. Birthday pics are always better than tax ones, I guess! :)

    Thanks for sharing your week! Hope your daughter has a great time in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    The craft flower is very cute, and the fishing booth is very creative!

    Wow...to get to sing at Carnegie hall! What a memorable experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taxes...AAAAAHHHHH. Not looking forward to that event, but it is looming. The craft for Valentine's Day is very cute, great idea. I also am a fan of Jazz and desert :) I went on a choir tour of New York when I was in High School and it was a very memorable event. I am sure they will enjoy every minute of it.

    Great pictures this week, thanks for sharing.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you and Rick were able to enjoy an evening out!
    Great pictures my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we signed our taxes yesterday...always a good feeling to get them done even though we'll be paying.
    great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! LOVE those Valentines!! :) (You need to go to my post and see ours...haha.)
    Tax time. Yuck!
    What a beautiful little actress.

    ReplyDelete