Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What a great morning!!

One of the things that I love about winter break is mornings like today. We slept in as long as the dog, Casey, would let us. It is noon and we are still in PJs. In the background I hear the older two kids, Melissa and Brian, playing Mario Kart on the wii while Julia, the youngest, is reading aloud a book that we have heard many times before. Then she plunks on the piano - she has just started to take lessons. I was able to sip coffee and read the Sunday newpaper from cover to cover including the ads. Fortunately I did not find anything that I felt I had to buy but you always have to check!

Tomorrow we take delivery on a new freezer. We don't have one and I am looking forward to stocking up on sales. A month ago, boneless skinless chicken breast was on sale for $1.88 lb and I wish I could have stocked up. This week strip steaks are $3.99/lb and I won't miss this one! I hope that it is worth the cost. I know I will enjoy freezing peaches, strawberries, and blueberries!

We have some good friends, Joe and Jen, coming over tonight to eat and play games. With the busy-ness of the season we haven't gotten together for a while so this should be a lot of fun! Last night I roped Rick and Brian (and Julia for a short time) into playing Scrabble. It is one activity that I can whip Rick at (unlike video games, bowling, golf, etc., etc.). If you are interested, my score was 245 compared to 165 for Rick and 159 for Brian. Rick actually gave me the game as a Christmas present - He certainly regrets that decision....

For New Years we have no plans but that will be okay. Friday, we will have 12 people spending the weekend at our house. I have friends that I went to Purdue with and we still get together with the families 2-3 times per year. It is always chaotic but a lot of fun. These are friends that you just know you will always be friends with.

As I close - Have a Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment